Friday, February 6, 2009

Movie Review-Push


Long lines and sold out tickets
meant He's Just Not That Into You was a no go!  I ended up seeing Push with Chris Evans and Dakota Fanning.  


Sitting in the film, I thought--wow this isn't so bad--but as the ending came along I was definitely thrown off.  Push is about a group of people with special abilities who are hiding from a U.S. Government Agency, fighting in order to obtain a suitcase, and trying to stay alive in the process.  


The film sequence flowed very well.  The ending, on the other hand, ended abruptly.  Throughout the film, my understanding was that at the end we would either find the girl's mother or she would be killed.  This scenario, only made sense to me, considering that seemed to be the focus of the film.  However, that was apparently not the case.  It seemed that when the film hit its two hour mark, the director said 'okay let's cut, we're finished.'


I sure hope everyone felt the same way as me because, if not, then I definitely missed the point of the movie!  I did, however, come to the conclusion that the abrupted ending signalized a sequel to come!


Now, don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the film, but I would've much rather seen He's Just Not That Into You.


If you like the television series Heroes, then this should be a pleasant one for you!  For me, however, this would be considered a Blockbuster hit.


1.5 stars-save your money people!


Anyone agree or disagree?

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you! Push was definitely more of a Blockbuster and since part of the plot was trying to find Dakota Fanning's mother, I expected her to either be found or be dead but she wasn't even mentioned at the end! Also, the scenes were pretty gross..I didn't like it :/
    Maysoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for ruining the plot of the movie for everyone who hadn't seen it Maysoon....lol I like the blog. Thanks for keeping us updated and FYI I saw the movie "He's just not that into you", and I wouldn't recommend it either. It's a good rental, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a blog, and good use of Web writing techniques!

    ReplyDelete

Followers