Thursday, February 26, 2009

Winslet Finally Wins

(photos via celebutopia-StyleFrizz.com)

Kate Winslet finally received an Oscar for best actress in the 2008 film The Reader.  I haven't seen this film, but heard it was definitely one I must see.  

I remember when Winslet got nominated for Titanic.  I for sure thought she was going to win, but instead the old woman (who played the older version of Winslet in the movie Titanic) won.  I liked the old woman, but still felt Winslet should have one.  

After watching any of her films(Titanic, Little Children, Finding Neverland), I always felt she did a great job.  Yes, for the most part, she was almost always nominated, but she didn't win the roles I expected her to win in as much as I expected.  Oh well, no point in rehashing in the past--She finally one! :)

It was expected that Winslet would win and she did.  It was sweet how during her speech she called out for her father to whistle so that she could find him.  You could see how proud her parents are of all her accomplishments.  






Winslet looked stunning in an asymmetric Atelier Yves Saint Laurent evening gown.  She gave a great speech and looked classy and elegant while doing so.  Overall, Winslet has earned a total of six Academy Award nominations, seven Golden Globe nominations, and seven BAFTA nominations.  Winslet is the youngest actress to have received six Oscar nominations.



Side note: 

Kate Winslet claims to not be doing any more nude scenes in films.  "I don't want to become that actress who always gets her kit off," said Winslet to Time Magazine.  I love Kate Winslet and all, but isn't it a little too late for that.  Anyone remember Titanic?  Enough said.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers